Digital Hearing Aids
Join the Digital Revolution
Digital Hearing Aid Features and Technology Levels
The digital revolution has made a huge impact on the way hearing aids look, feel and work. They can be so small that they are virtually invisible, so “cool” looking that you will want everyone to see them and so natural sounding, they mimic the way you used to hear before you experienced hearing loss.
Digital Hearing Aid Features
- Digital Microphones- applies preference to sounds in front of the wearer and reduces sound from behind the wearer. This technology has been proven to improve speech understanding in noise.
- Noise Reduction- Determines if signal contains unwanted noise and reduces level of background noise, if present.
- Wind Noise Reduction- Reduces the noise created from wind blowing across the hearing aid’s microphone(s).
- Data Logging- The ability of a hearing aid to track the hearing aid wearer’s various listening environments. This information can assist the hearing professional in making future programming adjustments.
- Connectivity- The ability of the right and left hearing aid to communicate wirelessly to share information to improve speech understanding.
- Bluetooth Interface- Establishes a wireless connection between hearing aids and Bluetooth compatible devices. Designed to improve wearer convenience and use with devices such as cell phones, Mp3 players, computers, etc.
Digital Hearing Aid Technology Levels
There are three basic technology levels available. They are categorized as “Economy,” “Value” and “Advanced.” Each level offers digital hearing solutions based on your level of hearing loss, lifestyle and budget.